GRAFFOPOLY



Abut 15 - 20 years ago, the "Source" Magazine use to print all these featurettes that included, "Unsigned Hype " for MC's that were nice and looking for a deal. They also had a thing, I can't recall the name, that featured 16 bars from a dope song that was out, usually from a prominent artist. I think it was to highlight and appreciate the word play of that particular MC. My personal favorite side dish was way in the back of the magazine. You had to flip past the ads for mail in money order for gold grillz, pass the ads for some Willie Esco or Karl Kani jeans. Then when you got the way back, and after a full page ad from some wack MC, like "Wyte Dogg".... for real, i remember a white rapper ad called "whyte dogg" or some shit.  There it is, it was only like half a page, if even that... There were flicks from some of the hottest graff writers in the NYC area. Of all the nicest, one master piece remained etched in my memory. Graffopoly.. I remember just appreciated how dope the concept was. How ill it was to have the Statue of Liberty rolling dice... Oh man and the train swooping u p from the left hand side was amazing... If you love art, you will love this... I don't have time to investigate which crew and writers are responsible for the master piece. At a latter date  I will write about it.   64












Comments

Popular Posts